PHILLIP BLACKERBY, M.P.Aff.
16420 E. Bainbridge Ave. • Fountain Hills, AZ 85268 • (602) 908-1082 • email@example.com • firstname.lastname@example.org
Deep experience in business planning, efficiency improvement, strategic planning and facilitation. Exceptional skill leading teams to complete complex, long-term projects on-time and within-budget.
OVERVIEW OF ACHIEVEMENTS
|Strong analytical and computer skills.Mix of private and public sector experience.||Effective group decision facilitator.Successful grant-writer and reviewer.|
Improve client performance through business planning, efficiency improvement and strategic planning.
- Wrote strategic plans for Town of Natick, MA, Town of Fountain Hills, and five divisions of the City of Phoenix.
- Created FastTrac® Manufacturing, a business plan training course published by Kauffman Foundation, Kansas City.
- Raised $650,000 in acquisition financing for clients.
- Increased clients’ productivity and cash flow; reduced lead times, inventory, receivables and error sources.
- Led quality standards team to win the NIST “George Uriano Award.”
- Thunderbird School of Global Management: outside reviewer for student business plan projects.
- Arizona Technology Council: Vice-Chair of Public Policy Committee.
- Raised acquisition funding of $380,000 for construction company and $270,000 for personal finance company.
- Trained over 240 entrepreneurs to improve performance with 10-week FastTrac® business plan training since 2004.
- Improved cash flow by reducing receivables 70% and reducing cycle time 16% for network management client.
- Reduced lead time 20% by eliminating 13 error sources and automating tracking steps in document imaging client.
- Reduced lead time 25% for construction company by streamlining contracting procedures.
- Wrote long-term strategic plans for Town of Natick, MA, Town of Fountain Hills, AZ, five City of Phoenix divisions, Arizona Technology Council Public Policy Committee.
Not-for-profit consulting firm helps small and medium manufacturers improve productivity, grow and develop the economy.
- Completed two complex, year-long-plus strategic planning projects.
- Built 17 project management web sites to improve client communications and control document libraries.
Manager of “lean manufacturing” and “business management” product lines for federal economic development program to increase productivity of small- and medium-sized manufacturers.
- Doubled the organization’s sales revenues.
- Reduced work-in-progress and other inventory 16% for architectural products fabricator, through lean manufacturing.
- Created circuit-board manufacturer client’s strategic plan, based on balanced scorecard, unifying several strategies.
- Led 2-year project to create job description and training programs for Professional Business Advisor, cornerstone of the agency’s strategy; trained 50 PBA’s in 1st year.
- Wrote national quality standards for consulting products and services, led team to win NIST "George Uriano Award."
- Created FastTrac® Manufacturing business planning training program, with Kauffman Foundation of Kansas City.
- Edited and published four volumes of manufacturing efficiency improvement case studies.
- Evaluated federal grant applications for advanced technology research, and economic development programs.
Led consulting firm focused on strategic planning, for government and not-for-profit organizations.
|Performance Strategies, Inc., Vice President, Principal Consultant, Austin||1986-1997|
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Facilitated strategic plans for over two dozen national trade associations and federal and state agencies.
- Raised over $1 million in grants to help homeless and women in addiction treatment.
- Trained over 300 executives in strategic planning, budget justifications and power writing.
- Published four articles on government strategic planning and budgeting.